The United States is flooded with firearms. There are an estimated 300,000,000+ guns both registered and unregistered, or roughly one for every man woman and child in the US. And it seems many gun owners don’t respect the power of these tools, as evidenced by the incredible number of
accidental shootings and misfirings that kill and injure each year. Tomonews present to you a selection of the craziest, stupidest and most tragic of these.
1. A 39-year-old
shooting instructor in Arizona was airlifted to a hospital Monday after he was accidentally shot in the head by a 9-year-old girl who he was teaching how to fire a submachine gun, authorities said on Tuesday. He later died of his injuries.
2. Aubrey Peters, a 16-year-old high school junior from Noblesville, Indiana, was killed in what police believe was an accidental shooting by a friend while the pair were socializing in his home with two other young men.
3. Darryl Jouett, a 25-year veteran of the Erlanger, Ohio Police Department, injured himself with a handgun after a dinner date with his wife.
4. A New Mexico couple is recovering after the pair’s three-year-old son accidentally shot them with a handgun.
5. A 2-year-old boy accidentally killed his mother with her own gun at a Walmart in Hayden, Idaho, a town about 40 miles east of Spokane, Washington.
6. A Utah elementary school teacher was rushed to hospital after
accidentally shooting herself in the leg while in a school bathroom.
7. Two unsupervised boys were hunting in Humble, Texas when one of the two brothers accidentally shot himself in the face with a shotgun.
8. An 11-year-old Detroit boy has been charged by Wayne County prosecutors with manslaughter, specifically “death by weapon aimed with intent but without malice, and using a firearm during a felony.”
9. An 18-year-old woman, Premila Lal, was shot to death by a friend, Nerrek Galley, in Colorado after hiding in a closet as a part of a prank.
10. A ‘Cops’ TV show crew member Bryce Dion, 38, an audio technician for the long-running show, was accidentally shot to death by police while filming officers responding to an armed robbery in Omaha.
11. Police in Nashville, Tennessee arrested one David Skyler White after he accidentally shot a woman sleeping in the apartment below him, while playing with his gun.
12. Just three days after becoming a father, 33-year-old Steven Justin Ayers gathered with friends and family in his Florida home celebrating their bundle of joy when a stray bullet entered the home from more than 200 feet away, struck Ayers in the back of the head and killed him instantly.
13. The grandmother of a 2-year-old boy was shot in the back when the child found a gun in a car seat pocket and accidentally fired it.
14. Pennsylvania State Trooper Joseph Miller was cleaning his .45 caliber handgun while his children and wife, JoAnne Miller, who was 22 weeks pregnant, were also home. He is alleged to have accidentally discharged the weapon, striking JoAnne in the head.
15. A 19-year-old man from Houston,
Texas accidentally killed himself while taking selfies with a loaded gun.
16. You’d never imagine shooting someone would somehow save their lives, but in a magical land called Ohio, it actually happened.
17. Wedding guests inside the Waldorf Astoria in Manhattan got more than they bargained for Saturday night when one man’s
pistol accidentally went off inside his pocket.
Be sure to subscribe to TomoNews for more of the craziest news stories from around the world.
For news that’s fun and never boring, visit our channel: